Before You Sync
- Ensure that you have access to the Bluebeam API by becoming a Bluebeam Studio Prime member. (https://www.bluebeam.com/us/products/studio-prime/) Please contact your account representative if you believe you need to upgrade.
- Before you proceed with syncing drawings, you must enable Fieldlens in your Bluebeam Studio Prime™ account. Please follow these instructions to enable the integration.
How to Set Up and Sync Your Drawings from Bluebeam Studio Prime
- Go to your Drawings tab in your Fieldlens project. Click on "Add Drawings" and select "Sync from Bluebeam Studio Prime".
- Connect your Bluebeam Account by clicking on "Connect to Bluebeam".
- Enter your Bluebeam Studio credentials.
- Click "Allow" to grant the Fieldlens app access to your Bluebeam Studio account.
- Select a project from the list of your available Bluebeam Studio Projects.
- Select your files that you would like to sync and watch for updates, then click "Next".
- Click "Sync X files" to import those files from your Bluebeam Studio project to your Fieldlens project.
- Your files are now being processed. This may take a few moments for Fieldlens to transfer the files over to our servers and prepare them to be sent to your team's mobile devices.
- You can close the window (your files will keep on processing) and watch for updates in the upper right hand corner.
- When your files have finished processing, you'll see a "New Updates" button at the top of your Drawings list. Your files will be synced to your team's mobile devices automatically.
- When changes have been made to your watched files in Bluebeam Studio Prime, Fieldlens will let you know its time to sync. Look for an indicator with a count of files to be synced on the "Add Drawings" button. To get synced up, click "Add Drawings" then select "Ready to sync". From there you can review your files, make any changes needed, and immediately sync them to Fieldlens.