The way to document and track punch list issues in Fieldlens is to create posts and flag them as deficiencies.
There are two ways to get there:
From a new post
- From mobile, select New Post.
- Add a title. Note: Choose a title that will help people easily identify the issue and type, as the title is the most prominent information displayed in the project Feed.
- Add a description - including any direction required.
- Tap the three-dot menu.
- Tap the deficiency post flag, then head back to your post.
- Add assignee(s) - the appropriate person, company or discipline to resolve this issue.
- Optional: Add a due date for the task or individual due dates for each assignee, if multiple.
- Tap the pin icon in the toolbar to add a location to the post.
- Tap the tag icon in the toolbar to add a category. Common examples: Defect, Not to Spec, Incomplete, Damaged, Workmanship, Other. Note: You may add new Categories on the fly if you don’t see the one you need.
- Hit Post.
From a drawing
- From mobile, select "Drawings" from the tab menu at the bottom of your screen.
- Select the drawing you'd like to create a deficiency on.
- Long-press on the appropriate location (if you need to, zoom in with your fingers).
- Create the issue at your chosen location beginning with step #2 in "From a new post" above. (You can skip step #8.)
* The above are our best practices - your requirements may be different for your team.
Some Additional Options
- Use "post & copy" from your advanced options to speed up multiple entries. This will carry over the same location, categories, and assignees from post to post and share with the same people.
- Add photos or video relevant to the issue. Use the Fieldlens built-in photo editor to mark up any photos.
- Add markup to the drawing if you have pinned the post to a drawing.
- Check the weather checkbox if weather is relevant to the post.